Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two is better than one

We had a very happy couple this morning! She had really been wanting an outdoor ceremony and yesterday with all the sun, the gazebo outside was covered in melting/falling snow!!

So last night, we blew the cement dry underfoot and placed some ice melt out. This morning we swept away the ice melt and brushed off the top of the gazebo so their photos would be pretty. It was an early morning ceremony at 10:00 am which saved the day!

It was still chilly (although not too bad) and the sun had not warmed the snow above yet. We were able to pass out blankets to all their guests, and set all of the chairs one row back so they weren't under the trees just in case... and they had the wedding of their dreams outside on November 5th!

However!!! The very cool part about this wedding was that she had her step-father walk her down the aisle about half way. Then at the arch, her mother joined her. Her step-father lovingly gave her hand to her mother and he followed behind as they continued their walk, mother and daughter, hand in hand. It was so touching they had the staff in tears as well!

CONGRATULATIONS to this very brave and very fun couple. We wish you many years of happiness and fun memories together. Because memories are what we cherish from each other.

(This was on the memory table)

I thought of you
with love today,
But that is nothing new.
I thought of about you yesterday
And each day before that too.
I think of you in silence,
I often speak your name.
All I have are memories,
And pictures in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake
With which I will never part.
God has you in His keeping,
But I have you in my heart.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment